How to make a Glass Block
1. Buy a glass block. You can find these at home improvement stores, and online.
2. Order a vinyl decal from We Cut Vinyl. Have fun with your decals - yes, black is the most popular, but look how great it looks in pink for a little girls room. Be brave - order a color!!
3. You can choose any design for your glass block: temples, wording, shapes, flowers, etc... If you don't see what you want on our website - EMAIL US! We will make you a custom design.
4. Be sure to order the CORRECT SIZE decal. For example, if your glass block is 8 inches square - we recommend the 6.75" size. If you have a rectangular glass block, DO NOT try putting a square graphic on it. Order a design that is rectangular. Email us if you need to see if a design that is square can be made to be rectangular.
5. If you are drilling a hole in the back of your block for lights, do this before applying vinyl. ONLY do this if you know what you are doing. You need a diamond head drill bit, or a drill bit made for cutting glass. Be sure to use water when drilling to help prevent glass from breaking. Again - only do this if you know how, or seek a PROFESSIONAL'S help!!
6. Apply vinyl decal.
7. I sprayed the examples (in the picture) with frosting spray paint after applying vinyl. I like how it looks when it is frosted. This also helps hide the lights that are inside when they are not on.
8. That's it! Pretty simple, huh?
Order your vinyl decals here.