Stay up to date on our new designs, and learn how to make items using our vinyl. The place to come for vinyl lettering and decals.

Thursday

Carve your blessings in stone

I found this great saying that I wanted to make a vinyl sign out of for my website. Here is how it turned out.
How I made it:
1. Painted my wood piece white. Allowed to dry.
2. Sanded it so it looked a little "roughed up". This also gives it a natural border.
3. Apply vinyl. You can get this decal on my vinyl site here. Be sure to measure and level wording so it is straight and then tape across entire top of decal so it holds it in place. You can see how to do this on my website, here.
4. Stain wood with stain. I used Minwax stain, Special Walnut color. Wipe off excess stain from wood, and from vinyl lettering (I stain my board after I apply my vinyl since it is easier to apply vinyl to it before it is stained). Also - you may want to put on rubber gloves and use a paper towel to apply stain. This (the gloves) helps it so you do not have brown fingernails for the next three days!
5. You're done.

This would make a great easy craft for Relief Society, family reunions, girls night out, etc... Also makes a great gift.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...